Your eye's lens is made up of proteins and fluids that allow light to pass through and focus on the retina. Cataracts are the gradual clouding of the eye's naturally clear lens. Over time, the lens in the eye can become cloudy and hard. Cataracts can develop from normal aging, an eye injury or if you have taken medications known as steroids.
After the clouding of the cataract begins, it is impossible to return the lens to its original clear state. Cataract surgery is the only way to improve your vision when you have cataract.
If you feel that your vision has changed, your daily activities of life are impacted and that cataracts may be to blame, contact Eye Specialists of Delaware at 302-678-1700 to schedule a cataract evaluation.
Signs & Symptoms
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Need for brighter light for reading and other activities
- Seeing "halos" around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye